Anti-dsDNA (Double-stranded) Antibodies Blood Test
An Anti-dsDNA Antibodies Blood Test is a specific assay for confirming the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
The Anti-dsDNA (Double-stranded) Antibodies Blood Test is used for evaluating patients with signs and symptoms consistent with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
The possible symptoms of lupus include:
- persistent fatigue or weakness
- joint pain
- tingling or numbness of the feet or hands
- skin rash resembling a butterfly across the nose and cheeks
- skin sensitivity to light
- hair and weight loss
- Inflammation and damage to organs and tissues, such as kidneys, lungs, heart, the lining of the heart, central nervous system, and blood vessels
High levels of anti-dsDNA are strongly associated with lupus. Levels are often significantly increased during or just before a flare-up. When the anti-dsDNA is positive and the person tested has other clinical signs and symptoms associated with lupus, it means that the person tested likely has lupus.
Low to moderate levels may be seen with other autoimmune disorders, such as Sjögren syndrome and mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD).
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests