Beta-glucuronidase, Stool-Doctor's Data Test Kit
This Beta-glucuronidase, Stool-Doctor's Data Test Kit measures β-G levels in a stool sample and helps screen for an imbalanced intestinal microbiome.
What is Beta-glucuronidase and its functions?
Beta-glucuronidase (β-G) is an enzyme made in the liver, kidney, and intestines cells. Beta-glucuronidase plays an essential role in digestion, especially in breaking down certain substances such as carbohydrates and detoxifying estrogen, thyroid hormone, and other environmental toxins. Unfortunately, this enzyme is also produced at elevated levels by pathogenic bacteria (i.e., E. coli). Therefore, an imbalance of β-G may result in abnormal metabolic activity of the intestinal microbiome.
What is the purpose of this test?
Doctor's Data developed the Beta-glucuronidase, Stool Profile to help individuals take control of their gastrointestinal health. Individuals may order this Beta-glucuronidase, Stool Profile to measure β-G levels in a stool sample and help screen for an imbalanced intestinal microbiome. Abnormal levels of beta-glucuronidase are associated with several conditions, mainly an imbalanced intestinal microbiota profile (or dysbiosis).
Low beta-glucuronidase levels may indicate:
- A low-fat, meatless, and high-fiber diet, such as those consumed by strict vegetarians
- Imbalanced intestinal microbiota (dysbiosis)
- Heavy probiotic or prebiotic supplementation
High beta-glucuronidase levels may indicate:
- Reabsorption of hormones like estrogen and toxins that should be eliminated, resulting in excess estrogen levels
- Unfavorable changes in the colon and an increased risk of digestive tract cancer
- A poor diet consisting of a lot of meat, high-fat, low-fiber, processed foods, sugar, or alcohol
- Use of antibiotics
When should I order a Beta-glucuronidase, Stool Test Kit?
Individuals may order this Beta-glucuronidase, Stool Profile if they have experienced symptoms associated with dysbiosis or excess hormone levels.
Common signs or symptoms of dysbiosis may include:
- Autoimmune disorder (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Skin rashes and allergies
- Sweet or salty cravings
- Sudden weight gain or loss
Common signs or symptoms of hormone imbalance may include:
- Breast tenderness
- Chronic illness, immune deficiency
- Decreased stamina
- Depression or anxiety
- Loss of interest
- Low libido or sexual dysfunction
- Night sweats
- Prostate enlargement or cancer
- Reduced muscle size
- Increased facial or body hair
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Reduced muscle size
- Urinary incontinence
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests