Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Urine Test, Random
A Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Urine Test, Random detects chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae which is generally transmitted through sexual contact with an infected partner.
Chlamydia and gonorrhea are the most common bacterial sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States today, but many infected people have no symptoms. These infections usually affect the genitals but may also cause infections of other mucous membranes, eyes, or joints. Pregnant women may transmit the infections to their newborns. Often progressing silently, these diseases can cause infertility and other health complications if left untreated. However, both diseases can be cured with antibiotics.
For women, if symptoms occur, they may include:
- Bleeding between menstrual periods and after sexual intercourse
- Abdominal pain
- Painful intercourse
- Painful and/or frequent urination
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
Men may have no noticeable symptoms. If they do, they may include:
- A white, yellow or greenish discharge from the penis
- Pain or burning when urinating
- Pain, tenderness, and swelling of the testicle
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests