Cockatiel Feather Allergy IgE Blood Test
Cockatiels are a well-known household bird and are members of the parrot family. Unfortunately, these mellow natured birds can cause humans unwanted health issues if you find yourself allergic. Cockatiel’s feathers can produce a large amount of fine white dust. This dust will grow close to the bird’s skin. It serves to waterproof the bird and to insulate them.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction could include:
• Postnasal drip
• Itchy, watery eyes
• Black circles under the eyes
• In extreme cases, breathing difficulties and reduced lung capacity
To help with the excess amount of dust, you can:
• Clean the bird’s cage regularly
• Use an air filter in the same room as the cage
• Bathe your bird once a week
Positive allergy test results should be discussed with your physician.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests