Organix Comprehensive Profile Urine Test-Genova Test Kit
Organix Comprehensive Profile can easily identify an overgrowth of yeast and bacteria more reliably than a common culture. Reducing or eliminating yeast overgrowth has been one of the most effective methods of reducing autistic symptoms. The test will also identify deficiency of essential nutrients such as vitamins and antioxidants as well as oxidative stress and detoxification ability. All together we test for 65 metabolites that relate to yeast, bacteria, water soluble vitamins, oxalates, neurotransmitters, mitochondrial function and other metabolic pathways which can have adverse affects on immune and neurological function.
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, and intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect. Testing for organic acids helps reveal activity and changes at the metabolic level, helping practitioners discover hidden issues and pinpoint where therapeutic focus is needed.
Organic acid testing is a way to measure whether your body is getting and using nutrients to drive optimal health. Also measured are markers that assess intestinal health, neurotransmitter activity, and detoxification demands. Organic acid testing does not diagnose disease; it helps to give insight into the causes of disease. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect.
Organic Acids and Nutritional Testing
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
The Organix® Comprehensive nutritional test profile provides vital patient information from a single urine specimen. This organic acids nutritional test is valuable for determining:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Methylation sufficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
Advantages of the Organix® Comprehensive Profile
- Extensive Analyte List - The Organix® Comprehensive Profile is a nutritional test which contains one of the most extensive biomarker lists in the industry. Including nutritional markers such as Quinolinate, D-Arabinitol, and 8-Hydroxy-2'deoxyguanosine, the Organix® offers great value.
- Innovative Method - The LC/MS-MS method, which is also used to screen newborns for metabolic disorders, requires very little sample preparation and processing. This technology provides more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
- Single Urine Specimen - A single overnight urine collection is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.
The Organix® Comprehensive nutritional test is ideal for patients who may suffer from:
- Weight issues
- Sleep abnormalities
- Chemical Sensitivities
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests