Hepatic Function (Liver) Panel Blood Test
The Hepatic Function (Liver) Panel Blood Test measures different enzymes, proteins, and other substances made by the liver.
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this Hepatic Function (Liver) Panel Blood Test, which measures different enzymes, proteins, and other substances made by the liver. This test helps assess the overall health of the liver.
The Hepatic Function Panel Blood Test includes:
- Albumin - a protein made in the liver
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) | Alanine Transaminase (ALT) (SGPT) | Aspartate Transaminase (AST) - are the different enzymes made by the liver.
- Bilirubin, Total | Bilirubin, Direct - a waste product made by the liver.
- Protein, Total - this test measures the total amount of protein in the blood.
Individuals may also use this test to:
- Diagnose liver diseases (i.e., hepatitis)
- Monitor treatment of liver disease
- Assess liver damage caused by conditions such as cirrhosis
- Monitor side effects of certain medications
When should I order a Hepatic Function (Liver) Panel Blood Test?
Individuals may order this test if they have experienced symptoms related to liver disease. Common signs or symptoms of liver disease include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Dark-colored urine
- Light-colored stool
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests