LetsGetChecked - Cholesterol Blood Spot Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Cholesterol Blood Spot Test Kit includes Total Triglycerides, Cholesterol, HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein), LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein), and HDL % of Total Cholesterol. Get 25% off today with our exclusive discount code WALKINLAB.
Triglycerides are the most common form of fats in the body, Excess calories, alcohol, and sugars in the body are converted to triglycerides and stored in the body as fat.
Cholesterol is a waxy lipid produced in the liver and found in every cell of the body. There are two main types of cholesterol, one is in the form of HDL (high-density cholesterol) and LDL (low-density cholesterol).
HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein)
HDL is known as “good cholesterol”. HDL transports excess bad cholesterol to your liver to be expelled from the body.
LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein)
LDL is known as “bad cholesterol”. LDL transports cholesterol to various parts of your body. It may build up in the arteries causing them to become hard and narrow.
HDL % of Total Cholesterol
The HDL % of total cholesterol refers to the amount of "good cholesterol" in the body which can combat low-density lipoproteins or "bad cholesterol". The higher you HDL % of total cholesterol, the better.
Anyone can take this test to understand and monitor their cardiovascular health.
You should also consider taking this test if:
- You have a strong family history of heart disease
- You have a first-degree relative who has suffered a heart attack, cardiac stents, a stroke or has undergone bypass surgery
- You are overweight or obese
- You drink alcohol and smoke frequently
- You lead a sedentary lifestyle
- You suffer from diabetes, kidney disease, polycystic ovary syndrome or an underactive thyroid gland
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests