LetsGetChecked - Colon Cancer Screening Stool Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Colon Cancer Screening Stool Test Kit includes Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT). Get 25% off today with our exclusive discount code WALKINLAB.
Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT)
The Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) is a screening test for colon cancer. It checks for hidden blood in the stool which may indicate the presence of colon cancer, or other benign conditions of the digestive tract (e.g. hemorrhoids). This test does not determine if you have colon cancer, it indicates that you require further assessment by your physician and you may require further testing in the form of a colonoscopy.
Colon cancer will often present no symptoms.
Symptoms of colon cancer include:
- Blood in your stool
- A change in colon habits (diarrhea, constipation or loose stools)
- Rectal bleeding
- Unexplained pain in the abdomen
- Weakness and fatigue
The purpose of this test is to identify the presence of blood in the stool, which may be invisible to the naked eye. If you have already noted blood in the stool, or any other symptoms listed previously, you should talk to your physician.
The American Cancer Society recommends that you start regular screening at the age of 45, or younger if you have a family history of colon cancer.
You can also consider getting tested if:
- You are experiencing gastrointestinal symptoms
- You have a history of adenomas (benign tumors)
- You have inflammatory bowel disease* (which includes Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis)
- You have an inherited syndrome (e.g. Lynch syndrome/HNPCC or FAP)
- You have type 2 diabetes
- You have undergone radiation therapy
*Those with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are at an increased risk of developing colon cancer. If you have IBD your result may also be positive due to bleeding and inflammation in your colon.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests