LetsGetChecked - Essential Vitamin Blood Spot Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Essential Vitamin Blood Spot Test Kit includes Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E. Get 25% off today with our exclusive discount code WALKINLAB.
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is responsible for maintaining a healthy nervous system, producing genetic material, and generating red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body. Vitamin B12 is naturally found in animal products, including fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and milk products.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin essential for maintaining healthy bones, teeth, and immune systems. Up to 90% of vitamin D is formed from skin exposure to sunlight, and the rest comes from diet. Vitamin D can be found in oily fish, eggs, and fortified milk, spreads, and breakfast cereals.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin and acts as an antioxidant to help protect cells from damage. It helps with maintaining healthy skin, eyes, and boosting our immune system. Vitamin E is commonly found in cereals, sunflower oil, almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, spinach, and broccoli.
Most people with a mild vitamin deficiency will not experience any symptoms. When combined with a varied and balanced diet, testing can help you optimize your levels to make sure your nutritional intake is sufficient.
Symptoms of a vitamin deficiency include but are not limited to:
- Weakness, fatigue, or decreased energy levels
- Muscle aches and pain
- Weakened immune system and increased susceptibility to diseases
- Problems with your vision
- Poor bone health
- Mouth ulcers or changes to your tongue
- Pins and needles
The Essential Vitamin Test can give you specific insights into your diet, enabling you to quickly and easily identify and resolve any deficiencies. Anyone can develop a vitamin deficiency. However, some may be at increased risk, including those following a vegan or vegetarian diet or as a result of conditions such as Celiac and Crohn’s disease that impair the absorption of food. Your nutritional requirements may change as you age, or as a result of certain medications.
You should take the Essential Vitamin test if:
- You want to identify areas for improvement of your overall health
- You follow a vegetarian or vegan diet
- You have recently excluded a particular food group from your diet
- You are over 50 years of age
- You are experiencing symptoms of a deficiency*
- You have a condition that may impact the absorption of nutrients such as Celiac or Crohn’s disease
- You have problems absorbing nutrients from your diet
- You have a medical condition that impacts how you absorb vitamins such as an intrinsic factor deficiency
*Talk to your physician about any symptoms that you are experiencing.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests