LetsGetChecked - Folate Blood Spot Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Folate Blood Spot Test Kit includes Folate Serum.
Folate or folic acid, known as vitamin B9 generates red and white blood cells. It helps to produce DNA and RNA and sets out the building blocks for the rapid growth of cells during infancy, adolescence, and pregnancy.
Vitamin B9 is one of the 8 water-soluble B Vitamins. It is the generic term for both naturally occurring food folate and the folic acid form of the vitamin used in dietary supplements and fortified foods.
Symptoms of Folate Deficiency include:
- Constipation, poor digestion and bloating
- Chronic fatigue
- Feeling flat in energy and mood
- Increased vulnerability to colds and flu
- Pale or yellow-tinged skin
- Hair greying or thinning
- Mouth ulcers
- A tender and/or swollen tongue
- Stunted growth
- Developmental problems during pregnancy and/or infancy
A folate deficiency can be caused by an inadequate dietary intake as well as genetic impairments and underlying conditions.
You should take the test if:
- You are trying to get pregnant
- You are pregnant
- You have had gastrointestinal surgery
- You have digestive disorders like Crohn's or Celiac disease
- You are (or were) an alcoholic
- You maintain a vegan or vegetarian diet
- You are experiencing symptoms of anemia
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency
- You have a seizure-causing condition and are taking anticonvulsant drugs
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests