LetsGetChecked - Herpes Blood Spot Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Herpes Blood Spot Test Kit includes Herpes Simplex I (HSV-I) and Herpes Simplex II (HSV-II).
Herpes Simplex I (HSV-I)
Herpes Simplex I (HSV-I) is a virus which can cause infectious blisters in and around the mouth and on the face. This test uses a blood sample to detect HSV-I antibodies. The body develops antibodies against an HSV-I disease and these antibodies remain in your system for life.
Herpes Simplex II (HSV-II)
Herpes Simplex II (HSV-II) is a virus which can cause infectious blisters on the mouth, face, genitals and rectum. This test uses a blood sample to detect HSV-II antibodies. The body develops antibodies against an HSV-II disease and these antibodies remain in your system for life.
After the initial disease, HSV remains dormant in certain nerve cells of the affected area of the body for life. The dormant virus may reactivate and cause recurrences. Should symptoms occur they may include:
- Bleeding easily
- Painful urination
- Flu-like symptoms
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Rash on the genitals and/or anus
- Itching or irritation on the genitals and/or anus
- Unusual blisters or scabs around the mouth, genitals and/or anus
You should wait 12 weeks from the time of sexual contact before taking the test. The test will show if you have developed antibodies for either HSV-I or HSV-II. HSV antibodies can take a period of time to become detectable, and you should wait to ensure accurate results. If you are sexually active, regular testing is advised.
You should also consider getting tested if:
- You used a needle or syringe to inject drugs into your body that someone with herpes has already used
- You become sexually active
- You have had unprotected sex
- You are experiencing symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease
- You are entering into a new sexual relationship
- You have received a notification from a previous partner that they are infected
- If you suspect that you have an active herpes disease, a swab by a healthcare provider may be required
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests