LetsGetChecked - Kidney Blood Spot Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Kidney Blood Spot Test Kit includes Urea, Creatinine, and eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate). Get 25% off today with our exclusive discount code WALKINLAB.
Urea is a waste product formed from the breakdown of proteins and is passed out in your urine. A high level of urea ('uremia') indicates that the kidneys may not function optimally or that you are dehydrated.
Creatinine is a waste product made by your muscles and dietary protein. Creatinine passes into the bloodstream and is usually passed out in urine. A high blood level of creatinine indicates that the kidneys may not be working properly.
eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate)
eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate) is a calculation which determines how well your kidneys are filtering blood.
Your kidneys are responsible for filtering your blood and removing waste products through your urine. They also manage water retention and control ion concentrations and the acid balance in your blood.
Symptoms of acute kidney failure may include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Urinating less frequently or producing a reduced volume of urine
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Fluid retention
- Swelling in the legs, ankles, and feet
- Chest pain
This test will indicate how your kidneys are performing by measuring levels of urea, creatinine, and eGFR. High levels of urea, creatinine and a low eGFR can indicate acute or chronic kidney disease.
You should take the test if:
- You have a high protein diet
- You have used or are using performance enhancing drugs
- You are taking anti-inflammatory medication
- You suffer from high blood pressure
- You suffer from diabetes
- You have suffered an acute injury
- You have persistent urinary tract diseases
- You have a kidney disease or a family history of one
- You have kidney stones or a family history of them
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests