LetsGetChecked - Lyme Disease Blood Spot Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Lyme Disease Blood Spot Test Kit includes Borrelia IgM Antibodies, and Borrelia IgG Antibodies.
Borrelia IgM Antibodies
Immunoglobulin M (IgM) is an antibody found in the blood and lymphatic fluid. It is the first antibody produced by the body in response to an infection. A high concentration of IgM antibodies in the blood indicates that you have recently contracted Lyme disease.
Borrelia IgG Antibodies
Immunoglobulin G is the most abundant antibody found in the body. It is involved in fighting bacterial and viral diseases. A high concentration of IgG antibodies and low concentration of IgM antibodies indicate that you have been infected with Lyme disease for a period of time.
If you develop the erythema migrans rash, or if you experience neurological symptoms, you should contact your physician immediately.
Symptoms of Lyme Disease may include:
- Flu-like symptoms: Headache, fever, chills, fatigue, muscle and joint aches
- Erythema migrans rash: A rash that develops from the point of being bitten. It may resemble a bulls-eye, with an expanding red area, that sometimes clears in the center. This appears between 3 and 30 days after being bitten by a tick. Not everybody with Lyme disease will develop this rash.
- Neurological symptoms: Meningitis (severe headache, neck stiffness, sensitivity to light), issues with muscle movement or facial droop. These symptoms may occur in the later stages of Lyme disease.
You should consider taking this test if you have symptoms, or if you may have been exposed to Lyme disease carrying ticks. In the case of a positive result, further testing to confirm the diagnosis may be required.
It can take 2-6 weeks after a tick bite for the Lyme Disease Test to identify antibodies in the blood. If you are concerned about Lyme disease you should consider testing (or retesting) 6 weeks after the tick bite.
If you develop the erythema migrans rash, or if you experience any neurological symptoms, you should contact your physician immediately.
You should take the test if:
- You are presenting with symptoms of Lyme disease
- You live in a place that is rich in vegetation or a woodland area
- You live in Northern America or Northern Europe
- You go camping or hiking on a regular basis, particularly during the Summer or Autumn
- You come into contact with larger woodland animals on a regular basis
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests