LetsGetChecked - Male Hormone Advanced Blood Spot Test Kit
The LetsGetChecked - Male Hormone Advanced Blood Spot Test Kit includes Testosterone, Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG), Free Androgen Index (FAI), Estradiol, Prolactin. Get 30% off today with our exclusive discount code WALKINLAB.
Testosterone is a steroid hormone that plays a key role in the development of secondary sex characteristics, fertility, muscle strength, and bone health.
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) is made by your liver. SHBG transports and controls how much of these hormones are available for your body to use. SHBG levels that are too high or too low can be a sign that there are too many or too few hormones available for your body to use.
Free Androgen Index (FAI)
Free Androgen Index (FAI) is a ratio that is calculated by comparing the total amount of testosterone against the levels of SHBG. It can help indicate how much free testosterone is available for your body to use.
A small amount of testosterone is converted into estradiol, the main form of estrogen in men. Estradiol is a steroid hormone that helps control erectile function, libido, and sperm production. Estradiol naturally increases as men age and as testosterone slowly decreases.
Prolactin is a hormone made in your pituitary gland and is responsible for testosterone secretion and sperm production.
Healthy sperm counts have dropped by 50% in the last 40 years globally. Hormonal imbalances and reduced testosterone are becoming commonplace as leading concerns in modern male health.
Symptoms of hormonal imbalances may include:
- Low energy or fatigue
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low sex drive or libido
- Anxiety, depression, or brain fog
- Enlarged breast tissue
- Blurred vision
- Loss of bone density
- Hypopituitarism (Reduction of overall hormone production from the pituitary gland.)
Following puberty, male hormones carry out a variety of functions including sperm production, maintaining a healthy sex drive, maintaining muscle strength and mass, red blood cell production, and healthy bone density.
You should take the test if:
- You are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- You suffer from Klinefelter syndrome
- You suffer from type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- You suffer from hemochromatosis
- You have a pituitary gland disorder
- You are obese
- You suffer from chronic stress
- You take anabolic steroids
- You have a family history of low testosterone
- You suffer from thyroid issues
- You have kidney or liver disease
- You have anorexia nervosa
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests