MethylDotox Profile - ALCAT Test Kit
The MethylDotox Profile - ALCAT Test Kit aids in determining a patient's methylation status and homocysteine levels.
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this MethylDotox Profile - ALCAT Test Kit, which aids in determining a patient's methylation status and homocysteine levels. Understanding your genetics and how methylation works can be crucial in preventing and addressing many chronic diseases. With proper nutrition, you can take steps to protect your health. The MethylDetox Profile provides more comprehensive information than MTHFR testing alone, offering greater insight into your body's methylation and detoxification processes. Additionally, the profile recommends specific nutrient needs that should be addressed with the guidance of a healthcare practitioner.
Typical MTHFR genotyping only examines the metabolism of folic acid. However, scientific research has shown that several genes play a role in balancing methionine and homocysteine. These genes can have variations (SNPs) that affect your ability to methylate. Homocysteine levels are used to track individual methylation. Critical SNPs are included to assess your capacity to methylate neurotransmitters, DNA, and toxins.
Who can benefit from this MethylDotox Profile?
Individuals with any of the following conditions or symptoms:
- Cardiovascular Diseases: hypertension, coronary artery disease, stroke
- Neurological Disorders: depression, dementia, Alzheimer's disease, ADD/ADHD, ASD, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraine, insomnia
- Metabolic Conditions: metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus, kidney diseases, reduced ability to metabolize medications, multiple chemical sensitivity
- Musculoskelet: orders: osteoporosis
- Eye diseases: macular degeneration
- Cancer: colorectal, breast, and others
The MethylDotox Profile includes the following test components:
- MTHFR - The MTHFR gene produces the crucial MTHFR enzyme that helps maintain optimal health within the body. However, if the gene has a variant, it can negatively affect folate metabolism, which is linked to various diseases.
- MTR - The MTR codes for the enzyme methionine synthase (MS), which converts homocysteine to methionine using methylated vitamin B12. Variants in this gene can significantly impact homocysteine metabolism, potentially increasing the risk for various chronic conditions, including cardiovascular diseases, metabolic and neurological disorders, and certain cancers.
- MTRR - The MTRR gene encodes methionine synthase reductase (MSR), a crucial enzyme. The proper functioning of methionine synthase (MTR) requires MSR. These genes work together to convert homocysteine into methionine. Variants of these genes can contribute to the development of various health conditions, such as cancer, Parkinson's disease, depression, and hypertension.
- COMT - The COMT gene is crucial in methylation and significantly impacts several medical conditions, such as estrogen-induced cancers, Parkinson's disease, depression, hypertension, and others. It also helps maintain the balance of neurotransmitters by utilizing SAMe from methionine. However, genetic variations in the COMT gene can lead to various neurological issues and have been linked to Autism.
- AHCY - Having good methylation potential is essential for maintaining good health. The AHCY enzyme is responsible for converting AdoHcy to homocysteine and adenine. Any variations in the AHCY gene can result in poor methylation potential, leading to myopathies, delays, and hypermethioninemia.
In addition, this test also includes an add-on homocysteine test. If you are interested in this add-on contact Walk-In Lab's Customer Service at 1800-539-6119, as additional charges will apply.
- Homocysteine - Homocysteine is an amino acid crucial in maintaining the methionine cycle. High levels of homocysteine are linked to an increased risk of chronic illnesses, specifically cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and neurodegenerative disorders.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests