Respiratory Allergen Panel Region 9 IgE Blood Test
The Respiratory Allergen Panel Region 9 IgE Blood Test measures IgE antibodies in the blood to detect an allergy to various allergens commonly found in the Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota region.
This panel screens for allergens commonly found in the following states:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this Respiratory Allergen Panel Region 9 IgE Blood Test to measure IgE antibodies in the blood to detect an allergy to various allergens commonly found in a particular region of the United States. Respiratory or seasonal allergies are a common name for environmental allergens people breathe in through the air. For individuals living in certain regions of the United States, these allergens may affect them seasonally at certain times of the year or year-round.
Some of the most common respiratory allergens this panel screens for include:
- Pollen - Pollen, a fine yellow powder, is carried through the air by the wind, insects, and other animals. Typically, spring brings tree pollen. As a result, the late spring and early summer seasons are the peak time for grass pollen, while fall is the peak season for ragweed and other weeds.
- Dust - Dust mites, closely related to ticks and spiders, are tiny bugs often found in house dust. They are microscopic bugs that burrow into soft surfaces like carpets, upholstered furniture, and bedding. These bugs also thrive in warm, humid environments by absorbing the water from the air. Therefore, this allergy may flare up most often in spring and summer but can trigger symptoms year-round.
- Pet dander - Exposure to shedding hair or pet dander (dead skin cells) is one of the most common sources of respiratory allergies. The pet hair and dander become airborne, and once settled, they are hard to get rid of from soft surfaces like clothing, carpets, furniture, and bedding.
- Mold - Molds live outdoors and in moist indoor environments. The spores float like pollen, with outdoor levels peaking in the late summer.
- Cockroaches - Cockroach droppings, saliva, and waste can trigger allergic reactions in some sensitive individuals.
What causes respiratory allergies?
Respiratory allergies may be caused by a hypersensitive individual inhaling dust mites, pollen, pet dander, or mold. These allergens may trigger a response in their immune system since the body views certain substances as harmful, producing IgE antibodies to combat these invaders. Unfortunately, these antibodies cause histamine to be released, resulting in the symptoms associated with an allergic reaction.
When should I order a Respiratory Allergen Panel Region 9 IgE Blood Test?
Individuals may order this Respiratory Allergen Panel Region 9 IgE Blood Test if they have experienced symptoms related to respiratory allergies. An allergic reaction may vary depending on the individual and range from mild to severe. Individuals may experience an allergic reaction within minutes to hours after exposure. Common symptoms of respiratory allergies may include one or more of the following symptoms:
- Postnasal drip
- Red or watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Sore Throat
- Trouble breathing or wheezing
A severe, possibly life-threatennaphylactic response requires immediate medical attention. Signs or syming allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis may occur in some cases. An aptoms of anaphylaxis may include:
- Rapid or increased pulse
- Swollen throat or lump making it difficult to breathe
- Low blood pressure
- Extreme dizziness or loss of consciousness
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests