Trypsin Serum Test
A trypsin serum test is used to screen for pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of acute pancreatitis include:
- Pain in your upper abdomen that can come on quickly and last for days. The pain may be severe, and it may travel to your back. Leaning forward may relieve the pain.
- Nausea and vomiting, which can last for hours
Chronic pancreatitis can cause many of the same symptoms, as well as some that are different. They include:
- Pain that is often worse just after you eat. It may strike in flare-ups early in the disease and later become steadier.
- Oily, foul-smelling stools because of problems absorbing fat from foods
- Glucose intolerance or diabetes
- Heavy alcohol use over time can cause pancreatitis, as can certain types of medications.
This test may also be used to screen for cystic fibrosis.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests