Arsenic Blood Test
An Arsenic Blood Test is used to monitor recent or acute exposure to arsenic.
The arsenic blood test checks for exposure to the heavy metal arsenic. Arsenic is a natural element found in soil and minerals and is also used in compounds to preserve wood and as pesticides. Arsenic can get into the air, water, and the ground from wind-blown dust. It may also get into water from runoff.
Arsenic exposure can be from:
- consuming small amounts in food, water, or air
- breathing sawdust or smoke from burning arsenic-treated wood
- residing or working in a location with high levels of arsenic in rock
- workplace exposure
Exposure to arsenic can cause many health problems, including:
- corns and small warts
- changes in the color of your skin
- inflammation of the lungs
- nerve damage
- heart problems
Repeated exposure over a long period of time can cause cancer or even death.
Arsenic may not be detected in blood specimens drawn more than two days after exposure.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests