Candida Antibodies Blood Test, IgA, IgG, and IgM, ELISA
The Candida Antibodies Blood Test is used in the detection of IgG, IgA, and IgM antibodies to Candida albicans.
Candida is a yeast that is found naturally as part of the normal healthy gut micro flora and also occurs in the mouth and vagina. The Candida Antibody test is used to detect systemic candidiasis by looking for the 3 antibodies that form your immunity to Candida; they are IgG, IgA and IgM. The test recognises when levels of these antibodies are particularly high, signalling an overgrowth of Candida.
The Candida organism can become capable of causing illness when your body’s ability to contain it proves ineffective and consequently allows the yeast to spread, causing an overgrowth. This can happen either internally or externally, such as on the skin and in and around the oral and vaginal cavities. Many health practitioners agree that internal Candida infection is very common, often left undiagnosed, and possibly the cause of many external infectious Candida conditions.
The following factors might increase the likelihood of a Candida overgrowth occurring:
- Ingestion of antibiotics from meat and animal products
- Excess consumption of surgar and sugar containing products
- Diabetes mellitus
- Mercury from mercury amalgam dental fillings
- Chlorine from drinking and bathing/swimming water
Some of the possible symptoms of Candida:
- Brain “fog” -hard to focus or think straight.
- Oral Thrush (a white film on tongue or in the mouth)
- Bad breath, foul taste in mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Bloating and indigestion
- Increasing allergies to foods (gluten or celiac problems can be a direct result of Candida overgrowth)
- Constant craving for something sweet!
- Joint pain with arthritis-like symptoms
- Chronic sinus drainage -which antibiotics don’t help!
- Weight gain (or loss) and the inability to change it.
- Fungus on the toe-nails
- Itching, red eyes
- Ear drainage
- Candida Skin rashes on the body (eczema, atopic dermatitis)
- Candida Rash around the groin or in the folds of skin
- Anal, penile or vaginal itching
- Hair loss
- Vision problems
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests