Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP-14) with eGFR Blood Test
The CMP-14 is a broad screening metabolic blood test used to evaluate kidney and liver function, electrolytes and glucose.
CMP-14 - The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel is a group of 14 laboratory tests ordered to give information about the current status of your liver, kidneys, electrolyte, and acid/base balance. The CMP test gives the current status of your blood sugar and blood proteins also.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel CMP-14 Includes:
- Glucose-Blood sugar level, the most direct test to discover diabetes, may be used not only to identify diabetes but also to evaluate how one controls the disease.
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (calculated) measures your level of kidney function and determines your stage of kidney disease.
- Bun or Urea Nitrogen BUN is another by-product of protein metabolism eliminated through the kidneys and an indicator of kidney function.
- Creatinine, Serum An indicator of kidney function.
- Bun/Creatinine Ratio Calculated by dividing the BUN by the Creatinine.
- Protein, Total Together with albumin, it is a measure of the state of nutrition in the body.
- Albumin Serum one of the major proteins in the blood and a reflection of the general state of nutrition.
- Globulin, Total A major group of proteins in the blood comprising the infection-fighting antibodies.
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio Calculated by dividing the albumin by the globulin.
- Bilirubin, Total A chemical involved with liver functions. High concentrations may result in jaundice.
- Alkaline Phosphatase A body protein important in diagnosing proper bone and liver functions.
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT)an enzyme found in skeletal and heart muscle, liver and other organs. Abnormalities may represent liver disease.
- Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT) an enzyme found primarily in the liver. Abnormalities may represent liver disease.
Fluids & Electrolytes
- Sodium One of the major salts in the body fluid, sodium is important in the body's water balance and the electrical activity of nerves and muscles.
- Potassium Helps to control the nerves and muscles.
- Chloride Similar to sodium, it helps to maintain the body's electrolyte balance.
- Carbon Dioxide, Total Used to help detect, evaluate, and monitor electrolyte imbalances.
- Calcium- A mineral essential for the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. It is important also for the normal function of muscles, nerves, and blood clotting).
Order this metabolic blood test from the comfort of your home without a doctor's prescription or insurance.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests