Gastrointestinal (GI) Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile 1 Day- Genova Test Kit
The Gastrointestinal (GI) Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile 1-Day Test Kit assesses digestive function, intestinal inflammation, and the intestinal microbiome to assist in managing gastrointestinal health.
The GI Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile 1-Day measures the following biomarkers:
- Pancreatic Elastase-1 - a marker of exocrine pancreatic function
- Products of Protein Breakdown - a marker of undigested protein reaching the colon
- Fecal Fat - a marker of fat breakdown and absorption
- Calprotectin - a marker of neutrophil-driven inflammation; produced in abundance at sites of inflammation, this biomarker has been proven clinically useful in differentiating between inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)*
- Eosinophil Protein X - a marker of eosinophil-driven inflammation and allergic response
- Fecal Secretory IgA - a marker of gut secretory immunity and barrier function
- Fecal Occult Blood - detects hidden blood; the American College of Gastroenterology has recommended fecal immunochemical testing (FIT) as the preferred noninvasive test for colorectal cancer screening/detection.
- Metabolic indicators - demonstrating specific and vital metabolic functions performed by the microbiota
- Commensal Bacteria - demonstrating the composition, diversity, and relative abundance of gut organisms, all of which are linked to both gastrointestinal and general health
- Bacterial and mycological culture - which demonstrate the presence of specific beneficial and pathological organisms
- Parasitology - includes comprehensive testing for all parasites on every parasitology exam ordered.
Add-On Biomarkers Available:
- Clostridium difficile (not available for patients <2 years old)
- Escherichia coli
- Helicobacter pylori
- Fecal Lactoferrin
- Macroscopic Exam for Worms
- Zonulin Family Peptide
- KOH Preparation for Yeast
Add-On Microbiome Module:
- Microbiomix - offers metagenomic shotgun/ whole genome sequencing to assess your patient's complete gut microbiome and its potential function. Microbiomix complements the information provided on the GI Effects.
In addition, individuals can choose either a one-day or three-day collection. Determination of one-day or three-day sample collection is based on the clinician's suspicion of parasitic infection. A one-day sample is likely adequate if there is no/low suspicion. If there is high suspicion, a three-day sample collection is optimal.
Don't hesitate to contact Walk-In Lab's Customer Service at 1-800-539-6119 if you are interested in add-on tests or a one-day or three-day sample collection, as additional fees may apply.
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this GI Effects® Comprehensive Stool Profile 1-Day, a group of advanced stool tests that assess digestive function, intestinal inflammation, and the intestinal microbiome to assist in managing gastrointestinal health. The entire body's health depends on a healthy gut and gut microbiome. Gut microbes are codependent with one another and their human host, and the health of one affects the other. A sizeable volume of research associates a dysbiotic or imbalanced gut microbiome with multiple disease states within and outside the GI tract. The diverse metabolic activities of the microbiome ultimately impact the human host, and the human host's actions ultimately affect their microbiome's health.
When should I order a GI Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile 1-Day Test Kit?
Individuals may order this test kit if they have experienced symptoms related to gastrointestinal issues. The GI Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile can uncover important information about the source cause of many common gastrointestinal symptoms and non-GI conditions, including:
- Indigestion/ reflux
- Abdominal pain/ cramps
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Atopic dermatitis/ eczema
- Autoimmune diseases
- Mood disorders (depression)
- Joint aches
- Weight issues
Add On Tests
Genova’s enzyme immunoassay measures a Campylobacter-specific antigen.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests