Cardio ION Blood & Urine Profile - Genova Test Kit - NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
The Cardio ION Blood & Urine Profile is one of the best values in nutritional medicine, this Profile helps determine overall nutritional status in order to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Note: This is a pre-paid shipping test kit that will be mailed and it requires a blood draw. Please Click Here to locate a lab for specimen collection.
This is a pre-paid shipping test kit that will be mailed and it requires at home collection and a blood draw.
Why order the Cardio ION Profile?
One in 3 adults has some form of cardiovascular disease (CVD). An evaluation of standard lipid markers does not provide optimal assessment of risk.
The Cardio ION Profile identifies key nutritionally modifiable risk factors for Cardiovascular Disease (CVD), including:
- Fatty Acid imbalances which can lead to chronic inflammation. Current research finds levels of specific fatty acids to be strongly correlated to CVD.
- High Fibrinogen is associated with increased risk of clots and CVD.
- Homocysteine is an important risk factor for not only CVD, but stroke and dementia as well.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is essential for proper mitochondrial function and energy use. It also acts as an antioxidant. Cardiac cells have high mitochondrial demand. Statins can decrease CoQ10 levels.
- Fasting Insulin is an indicator of insulin resistance. Hyperinsulinaemia has been associated with a cluster of CVD risk factors.
- Insufficient Antioxidant Status is associated with increased oxidation. Oxidative damage is believed to play a role in heart and vascular disease by promoting inflammation.
Go Beyond Conventional Serum Lipid Markers - The Cardio ION Profile identifies critical CVD risk factors, including:
- C-Reactive Protein
- AA/EPA Ratio
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol and gamma tocopherol)
- RBC Magnesium
- EPA and DHA levels
The Cardio ION Profile can also guide your treatment of many other conditions including:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Immune Disorders
- Mental/Emotional Disorders
- Learning and Behavior Disorders
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Inflammatory Conditions
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests