IgG Food Antibodies (87 IgG Foods + Total IgE) - Genova Test Kit
The IgG Food Antibodies (87 IgG Foods + Total IgE) - Genova Test Kit, measures antibodies to 87 commonly consumed foods and provides a total IgE measurement to screen for food allergies or sensitivities. Note: This is a pre-paid shipping test kit that will be mailed and it requires a blood draw. Please Click Here to locate a lab for specimen collection.
This test measures the following analytes:
Alfalfa, Almond, Apple, Apricot, Asparagus, Avocado, Banana, Beef, Beet, Blueberry, Broccoli, Buckwheat, Cabbage, Cane Sugar, Carrot, Casein, Celery, Cheddar cheese, Chicken, Chocolate, Clam, Cod, Coffee, Corn, Corn Gluten, Cottage cheese, Cow's milk, Crab, Cranberry, Cucumber, Egg white, Egg yolk, Garlic, Gluten, Goat's milk, Grape, Grapefruit, Green (string) Bean, Green Pepper, Kidney Bean, Lactalbumin, Lamb, Lemon, Lentil, Lettuce, Lima Bean, Lobster, Mushroom, Oat, Olive, Onion, Orange, Oyster, Papaya, Pea, Peach, Peanut, Pear, Pecan, Pineapple, Pinto Bean, Plum, Pork, Potato, sweet, Potato, white, Raspberry, Red Snapper, Rice, Rye, Salmon, Sardine, Sesame, Shrimp, Sole, Soy, Spinach, Strawberry, Sunflower seed, Tomato, Total IgE, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Walnut, Wheat, Yeast, Yogurt, and Zucchini
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this IgG Food Antibodies (87 IgG Foods + Total IgE) - Genova Test Kit, to measure antibodies to 87 commonly consumed foods and provide a total IgE measurement to screen for food allergies or sensitivities. Food allergens are prevalent in the United States, affecting about 5% of adults and 8% of children. Adverse food reactions can lead to severe symptoms and chronic health conditions. Although any food can cause an allergy, it is often unknown exactly which food(s) may be the cause, and testing can help identify the problematic foods. After identifying the problematic food(s) and removing it from the diet, the symptoms are usually resolved or managed. Therefore, Genova has developed the IgG Food Antibody Assessment to assess total IgG (1-4) instead of only testing for IgG4. This test provides individuals with a complete assessment of IgE-mediated allergies that cause an immediate response and IgG-mediated sensitivities that cause a delayed reaction.
What causes food allergies?
The body can react to foods in many different ways. Minimal exposure to certain foods may trigger an allergic reaction in sensitive individuals. Food allergies are primarily broken into two categories, either IgE-mediated allergies or IgG-mediated food sensitivities.
- IgE-mediated food allergies are activated by an immune system response that produces IgE antibodies to combat harmful substances. This type of reaction happens within minutes or hours of ingesting certain foods. IgE-mediated allergies are associated with skin rashes and respiratory and gastrointestinal problems.
- IgG-mediated food sensitivities are triggered by other immune system factors unrelated to IgE antibodies. Unlike, IgE-mediated allergic reactions, these types of responses do not occur directly after the ingestion of the food and usually cause gastrointestinal-related symptoms such as vomiting, bloating, and diarrhea
When should I order an IgG Food Antibodies (87 IgG Foods + Total IgE) - Genova Test Kit?
Individuals may order this IgG Food Antibodies (87 IgG Foods + Total IgE) - Genova Test Kit, if they have experienced an allergic reaction or sensitivity to certain foods. Allergy symptoms vary depending on the individual, ranging from mild to severe reactions. Most food-related symptoms occur within two hours of ingestion; however, they frequently begin within minutes. In addition, the response can be delayed by four to six hours or even longer in some rare cases.
An allergic reaction may affect the skin, intestinal lining, and air pathways. Individuals with food allergies may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Tingling sensation near or around the mouth
- Abdominal discomfort
- Nausea or vomiting
- Itching or hives
- Difficulty breathing, swallowing, or wheezing
An extreme, possibly life-threatening allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis may occur in some cases. An anaphylactic response requires immediate medical attention. Signs or symptoms of anaphylaxis may include:
- Rapid or increased heart rate
- Swollen throat or lump making it difficult to breathe
- Low blood pressure
- Extreme dizziness or loss of consciousness
You will receive an activation card with the test kit. To activate your test kit:
- Scan the barcode or go to gdx.net and follow the prompts.
- After completing the activation process, download and print your paper requisition.
- Take the requisition with you to the draw site for collection.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests