Methylation Panel, Blood - Genova Test Kit
The Methylation Panel, Blood Test Kit measures methylation metabolites in the blood to provide insight into the critical biochemical methylation pathway. Note: This is a pre-paid shipping test kit that will be mailed and it requires a blood draw. Please Click Here to locate a lab for specimen collection.
This Methylation Panel, Blood Test Kit screens for the following metabolites:
- Dimethylglycine (DMG)
- Glutathione (GSH)
- S-adenosylhomocysteine (SAH)
- S-adenosylmethionine (SAM)
Individuals also have the option to add-on the following genetic tests to this panel:
- BHMT G724A
- CBS C699T
- COMT V158M
- GNMT C1289T
- MAT1A D18777A
- MTHFR A1298C
- MTHFR C677T
- MTR A2756G
- MTRR A66G
- SHMT1 C1240T
Don't hesitate to contact Walk-In Lab's Customer Service at 1-800-539-6119 if you are interested in any add-on tests, as additional fees may be applied.
What is Methylation?
Methylation is a chemical process that happens billions of times per second in every cell of the body. Methyl groups are transferred and donated between many different molecules, which change their structure and function. The methyl groups act like billions of switches that turn genes on or off, help regulate mood, detoxify hormones, produce energy, and promote healthy aging.
Vitamins, minerals, and amino acids from the diet are needed to keep this process running smoothly. However, there are also genetic factors and oxidative stressors which can affect how well this pathway works.
Methylation is vital for the following body functions:
- Methylation is needed to create DNA and RNA and regulate gene expression.
- It helps make creatine, which is needed for skeletal muscle contraction.
- Methylation is involved in primary energy production, fat metabolism, immune responses, vascular health, and cell membrane repair.
- It produces and metabolizes neurotransmitters to regulate mood.
- Methylation also works to neutralize toxins and hormones.
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this Methylation Panel, Blood Test Kit to measure methylation metabolites in the blood and provide insight into the critical biochemical methylation pathway. The Methylation Panel can uncover needs for nutritional support such as amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Knowing this can help guide dietary and nutraceutical treatment plans. Additionally, knowing genetic predispositions can help focus supplementation on overriding potential methylation defects.
When should I order a Methylation Panel, Blood Test Kit?
Although methylation has an all-encompassing role in basic human physiology, individuals may order this panel if they have experienced symptoms associated with methylation defects. The Methylation Panel can offer insight into patients with the following conditions:
- Patients undergoing hormone therapy, drink alcohol, or have toxin exposure
- High cancer risk
- Cardiovascular disease
- Psychiatric and mood disorders
- Neurologic disorders (Parkinson's disease, cognitive decline)
- Chronic fatigue
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests