Neurotransmitter Urine Profile - ZRT Test Kit
The Neurotransmitter Urine Profile - ZRT Test Kit assesses the biochemistry of patients with suspected neurochemical imbalances to help identify the root cause of persistent issues like mood disorders, ADD, or PMS.
The Neurotransmitter Urine Profile measures the following analytes:
- 5-hydroxyindole 3-acetic acid (5-HIAA)
- Glutamate (Glu)
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
- Glycine (Gly)
- Dopamine (DA)
- Epinephrine (Epi)
- Norepinephrine (NE)
- Histamine (HIST)
- Serotonin (5-HT)
- Phenethylamine (PEA)
- 3,4-Dihydroxy-Phenylacetic Acid (DOPAC)
- Homovanillic acid (HVA)
- Normetanephrine (NMN)
- Vanillylmandelic acid (VMA)
- Creatinine (Crtn)
This ZRT test kit also includes the options for add-on panel bundles, such as:
- Neurotransmitters + Saliva Steroids
- Neurotransmitters + UDH I
- Neurotransmitters + UDH II
- Neurotransmitters + UDH III
If you are interested in any add-on panels, contact Walk-In Lab's customer service at 800-539-6119, as additional fees may apply.
What is the purpose of this test?
The Neurotransmitter Urine Profile assesses the neurotransmitters in people who may have a neurochemical imbalance. This test aids in identifying an individual's biochemistry and getting to the underlying cause of persistent issues such as mood or affective disorders, adrenal dysfunction, addictive behaviors, ADD or OCD, or PMS or PMDD.
The nervous system uses neurotransmitters as chemical messengers to transfer information between nerves. Maintaining an optimal balance of neurotransmitters is crucial for good health. Imbalances can lead to over- or under-stimulation of the brain and body, resulting in neurological or psychological symptoms. Various factors such as genetics, environment, chemicals, and dietary deficiencies can affect the development of neurotransmitters. When the nervous system is out of balance, it starts to compensate, which can cause long-term neurological or psychological problems.
Many common psychiatric disorders today are believed to be associated with imbalances in neurotransmitters. However, it's also possible for different people to have identical symptoms but unique underlying imbalances. Testing can help to identify these root issues.
The Neurotransmitter Urine Profile is ideal for individuals experiencing the following symptoms:
- Anxiety & Depression: Anxiety and depression are often linked with neurotransmitter imbalances. Specifically, panic attacks can be associated with Glutamate, while PEA, Histamine, Serotonin, Epinephrine, and Norepinephrine can also play a role.
- Chronic Fatigue: Persistent fatigue may occur when there is an imbalance between excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters.
- Impulsivity: Chemical messengers such as GABA, Dopamine, and Serotonin are often associated with disorders like ADD, ADHD, and OCD. Sleep disturbances and insomnia may be linked to Glutamate, Histamine, Dopamine, GABA, and Serotonin imbalances.
- PMS or PMDD: Cases of PMDD (pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder) and severe PMS are often caused by imbalances in serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and GABA.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests