Thyroid #1 Baseline Blood Test Panel
The Thyroid #1 Baseline Blood Test Panel evaluates healthy thyroid function and screens for thyroid disorders.
Thyroid #1 Baseline Blood Test Panel includes:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) - is produced by the pituitary gland and aids the thyroid gland in creating T4 and T3.
- T4 - is a hormone produced by the thyroid gland that helps maintain the body's metabolism and other systems and functions.
- T3 Uptake - helps evaluate the number of proteins in the blood which carry thyroid hormones throughout the body.
- Free Thyroxine (T4) Index - compares the amount of T4 unbound or free to that bound to proteins in the blood.
What is a thyroid?
The thyroid is a gland in the neck, above the collarbone, shaped like a butterfly. The thyroid is one of the endocrine glands, which produce hormones. These thyroid hormones help regulate the rate of many activities in the body, such as how fast calories are burned and how fast the heart beats.
What is the purpose of this panel?
Order this Thyroid #1 Baseline Blood Test Panel to evaluate healthy thyroid function and screen for thyroid disorders. Thyroid function is critical to metabolism and affects energy level, heart rate, weight control, and more. Standard thyroid panels check how well the thyroid works and help diagnose thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. In addition, this panel may also be used to monitor hormone levels for individuals taking thyroid supplements.
When should I order the Thyroid #1 Baseline Blood Test Panel?
Individuals may order this panel if they suspect thyroid problems. Common signs or symptoms associated with thyroid malfunction or disorders include:
- Weight loss or gain
- Painful joints and muscles
- Dry skin
- Thin/dry hair
- Irregular heart rate
- Depression and anxiety
- Mood swings
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Frequent bowel movements
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests