Anti-Aging #1 Baseline Blood and Urine Test Panel, Men
An Anti-Aging #1 Baseline Blood and Urine Test Panel for Men includes a Wellness #2 Essential Panel (CBC, CMP-14, Glucose, Uric Acid, Lipid Profile, Thyroid + TSH, Fluid & Electrolytes, Mineral & Bone, Liver & Kidney Panels), Insulin-like Growth Factor 1, Testosterone Total, Urinalysis with Complete Microscopic Examination, Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy, Iron w/TBIC, Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA).
Anti-aging medicine is a specialty founded on the application of advanced scientific and medical technologies for the early detection, prevention, treatment, and reversal of age-related diseases. Research into ways to optimize and retard the human aging process is designed to prolong the human life span. Anti-aging medicine is a specialty based on the scientific principles of responsible medical care consistent with those of other healthcare specialties.
Included in this panel:
The Wellness #2 Essential Blood Test Panel includes:
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP-14) with eGRF Blood Test
- Glucose Level
- Kidney Profile
- Liver Panel
- Fluids and Electrolytes
- Mineral and Bone
- Lipid Panel With Total Cholesterol:HDL Ratio
- Thyroid Panel with Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential & Platelets
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP-14) with eGRF Blood Test
- Glucose - Blood sugar level, the most direct test to screen for diabetes and also used in diabetes management.
- Uric Acid - Uric acid is produced in two ways, from digesting food consumed and the natural breakdown of the body's cells. Uric acid is a by-product of protein metabolism eliminated through the kidneys. It is also an indicator of kidney function.
- Kidney Profile
- Bun or Urea Nitrogen (BUN) - An indicator of kidney function.
- Creatinine, Serum - An indicator of kidney function.
- Bun/Creatinine Ratio - Calculated by dividing BUN by creatinine. This ratio can suggest conditions including dehydration or intestinal bleeding.
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR) - Measures kidney function to determine kidney disease stage and detect early kidney damage.
- Liver Panel
- Protein, Total - Assists in determining liver and kidney function and nutritional health.
- Albumin Serum - One of the major proteins essential for the healthy function of the liver and kidney.
- Globulin, Total - One of the major proteins that assist the blood to clot properly and also comprises infection-fighting antibodies.
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio - Calculated by dividing albumin by globulin. When paired with other test results, this ratio can assist in the diagnosis of a variety of liver problems.
- Bilirubin, Total - Aids in the detection of hepatitis, sickle cell, anemia, cirrhosis, alcohol, and drug abuse. High concentrations may result in jaundice.
- Alkaline Phosphatase - A protein vital in detecting bone disorders and liver disease.
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT) - An enzyme helpful in evaluating liver function. An elevated level is an indication of hepatitis.
- Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT) - An enzyme helpful in identifying liver damage. Abnormalities may represent liver disease.
- Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) - An enzyme found mainly in the heart, muscles, liver, kidney, brain, and red blood cells. When an organ of the body is damaged, LDH is released in more significant quantities into the bloodstream.
- Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase (GGT) - Also known as Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGTP). GGT is an enzyme that is produced predominantly in the liver. This level is often elevated in situations that diseases are present that affect the liver or bile ducts.
- Fluids & Electrolytes
- Sodium - One of the major salts in body fluid. Sodium is important in water balance and the electrical activity of nerves and muscles.
- Potassium - Helps to control the nerves and muscles.
- Chloride - Similar to sodium, it helps to maintain the body's electrolyte balance.
- Carbon Dioxide, Total - Used to help detect, evaluate, and monitor electrolyte imbalances.
- Mineral and Bone
- Iron, Total - An abnormally low test result could indicate anemia caused by iron deficiency.
- Calcium - A mineral essential for the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. It is also important for the normal function of muscles, nerves, and blood clotting.
- Phosphorus - A crucial mineral for energy production, muscle and nerve function, and bone formation. Most of the body's phosphorus mixes with calcium to form teeth and bones. Phosphorus is also important for keeping the body's acid-base balanced.
Lipid Panel With Total Cholesterol:HDL Ratio
- Cholesterol, Total - A measurement used to assess heart health. Cholesterol is required by your body to build healthy cells, but high cholesterol levels can increase your risk of heart disease.
- Triglycerides - Surplus fats that are transported in the bloodstream and are also responsible for providing energy to the body.
- HDL Cholesterol - High-density lipoproteins, or "good" cholesterol, take cholesterol away from the cells and transport it back to the liver for removal or processing.
- LDL Cholesterol - Low-density lipoproteins (calculation), or "bad" cholesterol, contain the highest percentage of cholesterol and are responsible for depositing cholesterol on the artery walls.
- Total Cholesterol/HDL Ratio - This ratio is calculated by dividing total cholesterol by HDL cholesterol and is used in determining the relative risk of heart disease.
Thyroid Panel with Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
The thyroid gland synthesizes, stores, and releases hormones. The hormones secreted are iodine-containing amino acids, thyroxine (T4), and tri-iodothyronine (T3). The thyroid hormones influence various metabolic processes, including weight control, energy level, and heart rate. This comprehensive test helps to evaluate thyroid hormones that control the body's metabolic rate and includes: Total T4 (Thyroxine), T3 Uptake, Free-Thyroxine Index (FTI), also known as T7, and Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH).
Insulin-like Growth Factor Test (IGF-1)
Produced in the liver in response to stimulation by growth hormones secreted by the pituitary gland. This insulin-like growth factor level is used to evaluate disturbances of growth and monitor treatment with growth hormones.
Testosterone is a hormone that causes male characteristics. The blood level is used in men to investigate abnormal sexual development and sexual dysfunction. Small amounts are produced in women's ovaries, and levels are tested to evaluate virilization.
Urinalysis with Complete Microscopic Examination
Detects urine and urinary tract infections (UTI); diagnoses and manages renal diseases, urinary tract infections, urinary tract neoplasms, systemic diseases, and inflammatory or neoplastic diseases adjacent to the urinary tract.
Vitamin D 25-hydroxy
Vitamin D is essential for the growth and formation of healthy bones and teeth. Without it, adults can develop osteomalacia, characterized by weakness, softness, or fractures of the bones. Vitamin D also helps regulate levels of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium in the blood and has been shown to influence the growth of other tissues in the body and the regulation of the immune system. Vitamin D deficiency has been implicated in the development of conditions such as cancer, heart disease‚ osteoporosis, and multiple sclerosis.
The body gets vitamin D from two sources: dietary intake through foods and supplements (exogenous) and through production in the skin upon exposure to sunlight (endogenous). Although vitamin D is found naturally in only a few foods, in the United States, many products are supplemented with it, including milk, breakfast cereals, and juices. Those at risk of vitamin D deficiency include individuals that are elderly, obese, dark skin, institutionalized, homebound or have limited sun exposure, have undergone gastric bypass surgery, and have conditions such as cystic fibrosis and Crohn's disease that interfere with fat absorption.
Iron and Total Iron-binding Capacity (TIBC)
The iron and TIBC blood test quantifies iron serum and total iron-binding capacity (TIBC). Iron serum measures iron leve
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests