B6T Smart Panel #1 Blood Test Panel
The BT6 Smart Panel #1 Blood Test should be taken quarterly for at least the first year to screen for vitamin B6 toxicity and rule out other potential causes of neuropathy.
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this BT6 Smart Panel #1 Blood Test, which helps screen for vitamin B6 toxicity. You may be toxic if you have sensory, autonomic, or motor neuropathy and an above-normal B6 blood test. However, it is possible to have symptoms of B6 toxicity without an abnormal B6 blood test. B6 blood levels do not always correspond to symptoms.
If you are experiencing neuropathy without abnormal blood work, work with your doctors to eliminate all other possible causes. Getting a baseline for several blood tests, not just a vitamin B6 blood test, is recommended. Therefore, the Understanding B6 Toxicity Facebook group has partnered with Walk-In Lab to offer the BT6 Smart Panel #1 Blood Test. This comprehensive test panel includes a thorough list of blood tests to rule out other potential causes of neuropathy.
This panel includes the following:
- Wellness #2 Essential Blood Test Panel - includes a Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP-14) with eGRF Blood Test, Glucose Levels, Kidney Profile, Liver Panel, Fluids and Electrolytes, Lipid Panel with Total Cholesterol: HDL Ratio, Thyroid Panel with Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH), Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential and Platelets, Mineral and Bone.
- Vitamin B1 Whole Blood Test - This test measures the B1 (thiamine) levels in the blood.
- Vitamin B6 Blood Test - This test measures the level of B6 in your blood. It measures a B6 form called PLP (aka – P5P).
- Vitamin B12 Blood Test - This test measures the B12 in your blood.
- Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy Blood Test - This test measures vitamin D blood levels.
How does it work?
Walk-In Lab allows you to order blood work at an affordable price without a doctor's order. To get a blood draw, place your order and pay through Walk-In Lab's site. Then, take the lab order to Quest (preferred) or LabCorp for the blood draw. You can check your test results on the Walk-In lab portal the following day. The B6 blood test results may take three to four days.
When should I order a BT6 Smart Panel #1 Blood Test?
Individuals may order this test if they have experienced symptoms related to vitamin B6 toxicity. Common signs or symptoms of vitamin B6 toxicity include:
- Painful skin lesions
- Sensitivity to light
- Numbness in the limbs
- Pain in the hands and feet
- Loss of control over your body or eye movements (Ataxia)
- Intense sensory neuropathy
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests