Cancer Antigen (CA) 27.29 Blood Test
The Cancer Antigen 27.29 Blood Test monitors patients with metastatic breast cancer.
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this Cancer Antigen 27.29 Blood Test, which monitors patients with metastatic breast cancer. CA 27.29 is a crucial protein that serves as a tumor marker to evaluate the advancement of cancer in an individual. It is a highly effective tool that can be employed to gauge the response to therapy or treatment. However, it is not intended for screening as it lacks sufficient specificity to determine whether an undiagnosed individual has breast cancer.
This test is usually ordered after a breast cancer diagnosis is confirmed to check if it has spread to other parts of the body. As breast cancer treatment progresses, this test can be ordered to monitor whether the levels of CA 27.29 are declining, indicating that the treatment is effective.
This test may be helpful at:
- Monitoring the progression of metastatic breast cancer, where higher values indicate more progressed disease.
- Monitoring treatment of metastatic breast cancer, with lower values indicating a positive response to treatment.
When should I order a Cancer Antigen 27.29 Blood Test?
Individuals may order this test if they have experienced symptoms related to breast cancer. Common signs or symptoms of breast cancer may include:
- Lump in the breast
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- Changes in the form or feel of your breast or nipple
- Redness or swollen lymph nodes
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests