Fitness #2 Essential Blood Test Panel
The Fitness #2 Essential Blood Test Panel provides a comprehensive assessment of overall fitness using either an NMR LipoProfile® With Lipids or Cardio IQ Advanced Lipid, a Complete Blood Count (CBC), Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP-14), Aldolase, Testosterone Free with Total Testosterone, and C-Reactive Protein-High Sensitivity Cardiac (CRP, hs).
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this Fitness #2 Essential Blood Test Panel, which assesses overall fitness by combining different elements of strength, endurance, and a well-balanced physique. To maximize their fitness performance, individuals must ensure their body is adequately prepared physically and nutritionally. The organ function, nutritional and hormonal state can affect fitness performance in many ways. Therefore, this Fitness #2 Essential Blood Test Panel was designed to supplement physical training since knowing the numbers is a mandate to achieve optimal fitness.
The Fitness #2 Essential Blood Test Panel includes the following:
NMR LipoProfile® With Lipids (Only available through LabCorp) - The NMR LipoProfile® With Lipids test is an advanced cardiovascular diagnostic test that uses nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy to provide a rapid, simultaneous, and direct measurement of LDL particle number and size of LDL particles, and also direct measurement of HDL and VLDL subclasses. This detailed lipoprotein particle information allows health professionals to make more effective individualized treatment decisions than previously possible based on standard lipid panel testing. The atherosclerotic culprit not LDL cholesterol, but LDL particle number. The test includes LDL-P, LDL-C, HDL-C, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol, LDL and HDL Particles, HDL-P (total), Small LDL-P, LDL Size, and LP-IR Score.
Cardio IQ® Advanced Lipid Panel (Only available through Quest Diagnostics) - The Cardio IQ® Advanced Lipid Panel assesses an individual's risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD) or monitors their response to treatment. This panel consists of a standard lipid profile and additional blood biomarkers identifying CVD risks across a broader range, such as Cardio IQ® Cholesterol, Total, Cardio IQ® HDL Cholesterol, Cardio IQ® Triglycerides, Cardio IQ® Non-HDL and Calculated Components, Cardio IQ® Lipoprotein Fractionation, Ion Mobility, Cardio IQ® Apolipoprotein B, and Cardio IQ® Lipoprotein (a).
Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential and Platelets - A complete blood count (CBC) will give important information about the kinds and numbers of cells in the blood, especially red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. A CBC helps health professionals check any symptoms, such as fatigue, weakness, or bruising, that you may have. A CBC also helps diagnose conditions such as anemia, infection, and many other disorders. The test includes WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelets, Neutrophils, Lymphs, Monocytes, Eos, Basos, Neutrophils (Absolute), Lymphs (Absolute), Monocytes(Absolute), Eos (Absolute), Basos (Absolute), Immature Granulocytes, Immature Grans (Abs).
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP-14):
- Glucose - The blood sugar level is the most direct test to screen for diabetes and is also used in diabetes management.
- Kidney Profile
- Bun or Urea Nitrogen (BUN) - An indicator of kidney function.
- Creatinine, Serum - An indicator of kidney function.
- Bun/Creatinine Ratio - Calculated by dividing the BUN by creatinine. This ratio can suggest conditions including dehydration or intestinal bleeding.
- Liver Panel
- Protein, Total - Assists in determining liver and kidney function and nutritional health.
- Albumin Serum - One of the significant proteins essential for the healthy function of the liver and kidney.
- Globulin, Total - One of the major proteins that assist the blood in clotting and adequately comprise infection-fighting antibodies.
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio - Calculated by dividing the albumin by globulin. When paired with other test results, this ratio can assist in diagnosing various liver problems.
- Bilirubin, Total - Aids in detecting hepatitis, sickle cell, anemia, cirrhosis, alcohol, and drug abuse. High concentrations may result in jaundice.
- Alkaline Phosphatase - A protein vital in detecting bone disorders and liver disease.
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT) - An enzyme helpful in evaluating liver function. An elevated level is an indication of hepatitis.
- Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT) - An enzyme helpful in identifying liver damage. Abnormalities may represent liver disease.
- Fluids & Electrolytes
- Sodium - One of the major salts in body fluid. Sodium is essential in water balance and the electrical activity of nerves and muscles.
- Potassium - Helps to control the nerves and muscles.
- Chloride - Similar to sodium, it helps to maintain the body's electrolyte balance.
- Carbon Dioxide, Total - Used to help detect, evaluate, and monitor electrolyte imbalances.
- Calcium - A mineral essential for developing and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It is also vital for the normal function of muscles, nerves, and blood clotting.
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Blood Test, High Sensitivity - Measures the amount of C-reactive protein in your blood. C-reactive protein measures general levels of inflammation in your body; infections and several long-term diseases cause high levels of CRP. However, a CRP test cannot show where the inflammation is located or what is causing it; other tests will be needed to find the cause and location.
Testosterone-Free (Direct) Serum Test with Total Testosterone - Evaluates hirsutism and masculinization in women; assesses testicular function in clinical states where the testosterone binding proteins may be altered.
Aldolase - An enzyme that helps convert glucose into energy. It is found throughout the body but primarily in high levels in muscle tissue. This test measures aldolase levels when an individual is suspected of having muscle or liver damage. In addition, this test may monitor patients having treatment for diseases that affect the muscles.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests