Amino Acids Analysis Plasma Profile - Genova Test Kit
The Amino Acid Analysis, Plasma measures levels of key amino acids in blood. Amino acid metabolism may be compromised by common lifestyle and dietary factors, which may result in inadequate levels of amino acids. Plasma amino acid analysis is favored in conditions where the supply of amino acids and precursors is critical, such as in mood and neurobehavioral disorders.
Effective for Patients Experiencing:
Clinical indications for testing include:
- Mood Disorders
- Weight Issues/Dietary Guidance
- Dietary Issues Related to Protein Intake and Digestion
About the Amino Acid Analysis, Plasma
The complete Amino Acid Analysis, Plasma analyzes over 40 analytes and includes:
- Plasma Amino Acid Analysis
- Nutritionally Essential Amino Acids
- Nonessential Protein Amino Acids
- Intermediary Metabolites
- Dietary Peptide Related Markers
Why is amino acid testing important?
Amino acids, known as the "building blocks" of proteins, are found in every tissue of the body. They play a major role in nearly every chemical process that affects both physical and mental function including the formation of ligaments, tendons, bones, and antibodies, as well as regulation of enzymes and blood transport proteins. Twenty different amino acids are used to synthesize proteins.
The human body can synthesize all of the amino acids necessary to build proteins except for ten called the "essential amino acids". These ten must be included in the diet or supplemented to be in adequate supplies. Failure to obtain enough of even 1 of the 10 essential amino acids has serious health implications and can result in degradation of the body's proteins. Muscle and other protein structures may be dismantled to obtain the one amino acid that is needed.
Conditions Associated with Amino Acid Changes in Plasma:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Congestive heart failure
- Impotence/Erectile pain syndromes
- Multiple chemical sensitivities
- Detoxification disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Alzhiemer's Disease
The Amino Acid Analysis, Plasma report configuration provides for easy interpretation and clinically actionable results and includes:
- A handy Suggested Supplement Schedule allowing for personalized recommendations based on test results
- An Interpretation-At-A-Glance page that provides facts on nutrient function, causes and complications of their deficiencies, as well as dietary sources
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests