Heart Health Awareness Blood Test Panel
The Heart Health Awareness Blood Test Panel is a detailed panel assessing cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk and overall health.
What is the purpose of this test?
Order this Heart Health Awareness Blood Test Panel to assess the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and overall health. Heart health, also known as cardiovascular health, refers to the health of the heart and blood vessels. A healthy heart is essential for overall good health, as the heart is responsible for pumping nutrient-rich blood throughout your body. It also supplies oxygen while removing toxins and waste from the bloodstream. Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is a group of diseases of the heart and blood vessels, such as coronary heart disease, stroke, heart failure, heart arrhythmias, and heart valve problems. In addition, several risk factors lead to cardiovascular disease, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, tobacco use, and diabetes.
Lipid Profile with Total Cholesterol: HDL Ratio - helps determine heart disease risk and to help decide treatment if you are borderline or high risk. Depending on lipid profile results and other risk factors, treatment options may involve diet and exercise changes or lipid-lowering medications such as statins. The Lipid Profile With Total Cholesterol: HDL Ratio test includes:
- Cholesterol, Total - a sterol in the blood. Knowing your cholesterol level may be as important as knowing your blood pressure. Elevated cholesterol levels are associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease.
- Triglycerides - are fat in the blood that provides energy to the body's cells. Triglycerides should be less than 400 mg/dl even while in a non-fasting state.
- HDL Cholesterol - (High-density lipoproteins) are believed to take cholesterol away from cells and transport it back to the liver for removal or processing. They are known as the "good" cholesterol, as people with high levels of HDL may have less heart disease. Conversely, low HDL could result from a lack of exercise and smoking.
- LDL Cholesterol - Low-density lipoproteins contain the most significant percentage of cholesterol and may be responsible for depositing cholesterol on the artery walls. They are known as the "bad" cholesterol.
- Total Cholesterol/HDL Ratio - is calculated by dividing the total cholesterol by the HDL cholesterol. This is the ratio used by physicians in determining your relative risk for developing cardiovascular disease.
C-Reactive Protein, High Sensitivity (CRP, HS) - measurement of CRP by high-sensitivity CRP assays may add to the predictive value of other markers used to assess the risk of cardiovascular and peripheral vascular disease. Increases in CRP values are nonspecific. CRP indicates a wide range of disease processes and should only be interpreted with a complete clinical history. Recent medical events resulting in tissue injury, infections, or inflammation, which may cause elevated CRP levels, should also be considered when interpreting results. Serial analysis of CRP should not be used to monitor treatment effects.
Homocysteine - helps diagnose B12/folate deficiencies and identify patients at risk for heart disease and strokes.
When should I order a Heart Health Awareness Blood Test Panel?
Individuals may order this test if they have an increased cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk. Common signs or symptoms of CVD include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Heart attack or stroke
- Irregular heartbeats or palpitations
- Swollen legs, ankles, or feet
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests