Fat-Soluble Vitamins Profile, Serum - Genova Test Kit
Testing these nutrients together in one panel is important because nutrient functionality is dependent on the adequate supply of each nutrient. For bone health, taking vitamin D without adequate levels of vitamins A, E, and K may be detrimental since all are needed for proper bone calcification. Antioxidants, such as vitamin E, CoQ10, and beta-carotene, help ensure proper oxidation-reduction chain reactions.
Assessing fat-soluble vitamin levels is essential in patients with the following conditions:
- Impaired immune function
- Recurring infections
- Neurological disease
- Impaired digestion and absorption
- Heart disease
- Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
- Chronic fatigue
- Increased oxidative stress
- Poor dietary intake
Vitamins measured include:
- Vitamin A specific maintenance roles have been reported for vision, bone growth, skin and mucosal integrity, spermatogenesis, as well as protection against cataracts, atherosclerosis, macular degeneration and cancer.
- Vitamin D, "the sunshine vitamin", is necessary for maintaining blood levels of calcium and phosphorus for healthy teeth and bones. Vitamin D also plays a vital role in immune functions and is essential for health maintenance.
- Vitamin E is an important free radical scavenger and protective antioxidant for membrane tissues, helping to stop damage to healthy cells. Both gamma and alpha tocopherol are reported to better assess oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Vitamin K is important in the deposition of ionic calcium needed for proper blood coagulation and bone formation. Research finds vitamin K to be a potential protector against osteoporosis, atherosclerosis, and possibly cancer.
- Beta-carotene serves as an important antioxidant in keeping cells healthy, and also serving as a pool that is converted to vitamin A when needed. Beta-carotene also helps to identify a healthy diet.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) allows food energy to be converted into cellular energy. Organs with the highest need for energy, such as the heart, lungs, and liver, require high levels of CoQ10. CoQ10 also protects cells from free radicals, helps with proper mitochondrial function, and is associated with cardiovascular health.
Trusted, Secure, & Confidential
Shop All Tests